Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Currently


Holiday break is winding to an end. I really don't want to head to bed, because that means that it is over. PD day tomorrow, then back to the normal routine.

I'm rolling out a refined math system for the new year. I've been experimenting with self-paced math, but have about half of each block of kids that aren't growing and thriving with keeping up and learning. I'm starting some guided math philosophy with those kids, while trying to keep the rest of the kids self-paced. In short making my life difficult while trying to make sure that everyone is learning. I didn't record a single math video this break, so I"m starting the new year behind, and will have to record several this weekend. Oh the fun of an experimenting teacher.

I have to thank Farley for the Currently's. I very much enjoy blog hopping and reading the Currently's that are out and about. Check out the trend at: http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2012/12/currently-january.html

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found you! This self paced math and guided math at the same time sounds like something I would do.

    Jennifer
    Teaching to Inspire in 5th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda--Thank you so much for the link to the bags!! I am very excited to check them out. :) I love the one little word that you chose--something so simple but so powerful!

    Happy New Year!
    Erin
    Little Miss Primary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through Farley's Currently, great blog! I look forward to following you! I'm a sixth grade science teacher, and have a blog too! I hope you come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I found your link through Farley. Check out my Middle School Blog Log and see if you want to join.

    http://2peasandadog.blogspot.ca/p/middle-school-blog-log.html

    ReplyDelete