Friday, January 18, 2013

I Found a New APP!!!

I FOUND A NEW APP......

So my principal came to me weeks ago and said he was having NEARPOD put on my IPAD and the students IPADS. I had never heard of it, but I think I may love this app. 

For those of you that aren't familiar with it, do to www.nearpod.com, create a free account and play around with it. It is like powerpoint, but with more features and that the kids have right on the IPAD infront of them. I first create a PDF based file that has all of my info on it. Each page becomes a new slide in the app. I can add videos, quizzes, drawings, slideshows, searching the internet, but the very best part is .........

1.  I control the pace and what is on each IPAD. When I"m ready to move on, I slide my finger across the IPad and every IPad in the class moves on with me. 

2.  I get real time data from the quizzes, drawings, and poles that I create in the presentation. They show up right on my teacher IPAD where I can see them and alter instruction or assign grades. 


I"m so excited to try this next week and see what the kids think.

No comments:

Post a Comment