Sunday, April 7, 2013

Currently April


Listening: Radio as I work is calming. 

Loving: The weather has turned to beautiful here is Missouri. The in between stage between the blizzards and blistering humid heat.

Thinking: I've been reflecting on my Interface conference back in February. I went to the best session on 
Technical Writing in Science. She presented the book Questions, Claims, and Evidence as a resources to get kids thinking about their science writing along with her notebooking process. I just need to make it work for me. 

Wanting- Really thinking about implementing some combination of self-directed learning and station rotation in the classroom. 

Needing: Exercise. I'm good some days, and horrible most. I need to get my butt in gear.

Advice: I struggle with 6 grades daily who won't try for fear of being wrong. My message is always the same, you have to show me where you are for me to be able to help you. If you can show me an attempt, I can help you fix the thinking to get your learning on the right track toward mastery. 


5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to have found another upper elementary blog! I am a new follower :)
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Questions, Claims, and Evidence too. It works well with a wide range of ages.

    Jill
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete
  3. The change in weather here in Chicago has been nice as well...definitely helps lift the mood after such a long winter! Hailey from Autism Tank

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! I found your blog on April's Currently and I am your newest follower. I think technology is key to student motivation and engagement! If you are in need of some ideas check out my blog (I am a technology resource teacher, former 1st grade teacher). Love the idea of centers and technology can easily be integrated. Happy April :)!
    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to my new followers. I'm knee deep in the NGSS document that was just released this last week. I love the revisions, as I think they will be good for kids.

    ReplyDelete