Sunday, February 3, 2013

Currently



Gotta thank Farley for the currently's. I find so many good blogs from the links.

Listening: Internet Radio... Music is calming and inspiring to me. It provides the motivation to get things done and keeps me moving.

Loving: Weekends, Calm, Quiet..... I don't get much calm and quiet, so it is totally appreciated this morning.

Thinking: About all the work I need to get done. There is a list somewhere. I really need to get the powerpoint done for my conference presentation at the end of the month. I want to be prepared and just don't want to waste teachers' time. I would rather them participate in the presentation and feel that it is a valuable use of their time.

Wanting: Spring.... I have spring fever really bad this year. My house has been deep cleaned, and I'm ready for some warmer weather to head this way. 

Needing: To get over this cold.... Granted it isn't a bad cold, but who wants to feel bad. I've been using the Greens from IT WORKS!! They really really work, but I like all of their products that I've tried. I've used the Wraps and lost 30 pounds since May. I'm ready to start for an additional 30 pounds to get to my goal. 

Pet Peeves:  It is that time of year when 6th graders start to believe that their teachers are STUPID! Lies and Laziness are my biggest pet peeves. I'm getting lazy answers and worst of all lies. Silly kids, you'd think that they would learn that I always find out. 

CELEBRATING: I have to add some positiveness in this post.
1. Students are really starting to understand the SRR approach. They are wanting to see their assessment scores increase. 
2. I just booked a huge Scentsy event!!  Whoohooooo, that is hard to do with so many consultants.
3. Hitting the 30 pounds gone mark this week. They are staying off and I'm even exercising more. 5k's are getting easier to run.

4 comments:

  1. I also love the calm and quiet of the weekend...I haven't even turned on any TV or music yet today because I just love some peace and quiet every once and awhile!

    Hailey from Autism Tank

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congrats on the 30 pounds! That's impressive and definitely worth celebrating! Regarding your pet peeves....laziness. I should have put that one on my list! Nothing I like less than a lazy brain and most of it my students seem to be suffering from a bad case of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda! I am visiting from Farley's Currently bloghop :) I am totally in the same boat as you in regards to thinking about all the work that needs to be done but, alas, here I am visiting other teaching blogs instead! Haha hope you get it all done!

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,


    I can relate so much with your currently! I've been listening to internet radio all day while planning lessons. I too am so ready for Spring and warm weather. This cold weather is probably why we both have colds. Feel better and have a great week!

    Jamie
    Sixth Grade Tales

    ReplyDelete