Friday, February 22, 2013

Interface 2013 Items

Here is the link to the Interface 2013 conference items.

It has been a nice break from the normal to be at Interface 2013 this year. I love coming to this conference as I return to the classroom energized and ready to implement some of the fun strategies that I have learned.

I"ve had a few good take-a-ways this year:

1. I became a Math and Science Superhero today at a session. Learning a great fun way to get families to come out for a Math and Science night at school.

2. The science notebooking strategy was reconfirmed as an important implementation in the classroom. I didn't do one this year, but have missed it with my students. It will go high on the to do list for next year.

3. I really learned how to customize Google chrome today at a session that showed me tons to cool ways to use the Google apps and integrate them into using Chrome.

4. I got some problem-solving ideas for turning any math question into a higher order thinking question.

5. I also went to a session and received a CD with tons of math and science websites. There were so many that there was no way that I could check them all out. I'm excited to share those with the teachers at school.


All in all, I always get some good things to go back to school and implement. I hope that my presentation is received well tomorrow and it is informative and helpful to people.



No comments:

Post a Comment