Sunday, February 3, 2013

SRR Progress

Progress with Standards Referenced Reporting

Raves....
1. Students are really really understanding the tracking and starting to see progress.
2. Math is so easy to transfer. I"m working on a process for Science.
3. I may have finally tackled the Middle School Earth Science NGSS document!!! BIG CHEERS!!
4. Science Learning Targets 90% complete.  WOOOHOOO!
5. NearPOD was a huge hit with my 6th graders. I will totally put some time into this app for the IPads.
6. I love the data sheet that our computer's teacher created for us to use with SRR. It is so completely easy to enter the data points and visually see how students are learning. 


Rants/Wants....
1. I need a better way to do some unobtrusive assessments as data points. Any ideas out there?
2. TIME.... It seems that I spend lots of time coming up with assessments now.
3. Proficiency scales....This is my next thing to tackle. We haven't even started on proficiency scales for science or math. This is my next big project.
4. District technology and all of their processes. ENOUGH SAID, moving on........ I so can't control this one.

1 comment:

  1. Our district is focusing on proficiency scales in a major way. I am interested in seeing how you develop yours.

    ReplyDelete